Welcome to the Tsuchimatsu Lab of Plant Evolutionary Genomics! Our lab is located at Department of Biology, Chiba University, starting since 2016. We seek to address a wide range of research topics on plant evolutionary biology, particularly focusing on (but not limited to) mating system evolution of flowering plants. Visit the Research page for project overviews.
If you are interested to work with us, please feel free to contact Takashi Tsuchimatsu directly (see below for contact information)! There are a couple of opportunities to join our lab either as undergrads, graduate students, postdocs or technicians. Prospective postdocs or PhD students from abroad may be eligible for fellowship programs of JSPS, including a two-year postdoc fellowship and short-term summer programs.
- (11 May 2018) We get awarded for a JSPS KAKENHI grant (新学術領域『進化制約方向性』公募研究)．
- (18 Aug 2017) [Book in Japanese] 『植物はなぜ自家受精をするのか』（シリーズ・遺伝子から探る生物進化 5）という本が慶應義塾大学出版会から出版されます．
- (18 Aug 2017) [Review in Japanese] 『集団ゲノミクスからさぐる植物の進化』という総説がライフサイエンス領域融合レビューから出版されました．
- (27 May 2017) Osmotolerance GWAS paper with Teruaki Taji, Hirotaka Ariga et al. has been out in Nature Plants.
- (7 May 2017) The African genomes of Arabidopsis thaliana paper has been published in PNAS — congratulations Angela Hancock et al!
- (7 May 2017) We get awarded for two JSPS KAKENHI grants (新学術領域『植物新種誕生の原理』公募研究，若手研究B)．
- (4 Apr 2017) It took long time, but the paper on the self-incompatibility locus of Arabidopsis thaliana using the 1001 genomes has been finally published in Molecular Biology and Evolution!
- (13 Jan 2017) A paper on allotetraploid Arabidopsis suecica, led by Polina Novikova and Magnus Nordborg, has been published in Molecular Biology and Evolution.
- (9 Nov 2016) We get awarded for the Sumitomo Foundation Grant!
- (14 Oct 2016) Bamba-kun gets awarded for the JSPS fellowship (DC1). Congratulations!
- (18 Jul 2016) Arabidopsis phylogenomics paper led by Polina Novikova, Magnus Nordborg et al. has been published in Nature Genetics.
Takashi Tsuchimatsu, PhD
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Chiba University
Yayoi-cho 1-33, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
E-mail: takashi (at_mark) chiba-u.jp